Opens an external site in a new window
FilmMaker2.1 is supplied with every Intellemetrics optical monitoring system. It comes pre-installed on every Intellemetrics Optical Monitor, but more importantly it can also be installed on your design PCs. It allows customers to do the following general tasks;
- Create a filmstack design from scratch or read one in from a 3rd party design package (e.g. TFCalc, Macleod, Optilayer, Filmstar, etc).
- Model the filmstack design.
- Create an optical monitoring scheme from the filmstack design including substrate materials, dispersion, test glass changes, monitoring configuration, etc.
- Use a range of tools to analyse the performance of the optical monitoring scheme in a real-life coating process before committing to doing an actual coating run.
- Analyse the data from previous coating runs to help optimise future coating runs.
- Output a Project file containg all of the information to perform an automated coating run.
- The main new features of FilmMaker2.1 include;
- Full incorporation of substrate dispersion into all modelling engines.
- Full incorporation of test glass changes into FilmEditor and FilmSimulator.
- Tooling factors and deposition rates incorporated into materials databases.
- Automatic optimisation of QWFactors on a layer-by-layer basis with further automatic fine tuning on a complete filmstack basis.
- Automatic calculation of SamplesPerQW, Holdoff, Latency, ForceCutTime.
- Resultant film characteristics shown on the test glass or on the product.
- Streamlined FilmEditor and FilmSimulator for faster, interactive design of optical monitoring schemes with instant visual feedback.
- Streamlined project creation, saving and transferring to FilmDirector.
- Runs on Windows7, 8 and 10, both 32bit and 64bit.
- Backward compatibility with Projects created in previous FilmMaker versions.
Standard FilmMaker Features
- Range of tools to rapidly design and model quarter wave and non-quarter wave designs.
- Unlimited number of materials.
- Handles absorbing and non-absorbing materials.
- Monitoring configurations include front face reflection, back face reflection and transmission mode.
- Automatic optimisation of gain levels.
- Wavelength range from 190nm to 30,000nm.
- Material databases for unlimited number of n, k values. Select between Private or Public Materials Databases.
- Handles direct monitoring on coated products or in-direct monitoring on an unlimited number of test glasses.
- Substrates can be double side polished, single side polished / back side roughened and/or AR coated.
- Automated insertion of forced cut time safety margins.
- Unlimited number of layers.
- Materials, layers and other data can be imported from various sources and exported to CVS and/or Excel.
- Associates a deposition rate and tooling factor with each material.
- Models Signal Level (T or R %) vs thickness.
- Ability to cut individual layers based on optical monitor, crystal controller, time or manually.
FilmEditor Features Include:
- Optimisation of wavelength on a layer by layer basis.
- Minimisation of cut point errors on a layer by layer basis by automatic optimisation of QWFactors.
- Change test glasses and see the effects.
- Wide range of analysis modes and filtering schemes.
- Instant visual feedback on all of the above for fast intuitive process design.
FilmSimulator Features Include:
- Plot spectral characteristics from 190nm to 30,000nm.
- Visualisation of spectral characteristics of filmstack on the test glass or on the coated product.
- Further automatic optimisation of QWFactors on a complete filmstack basis.
- Definition of error sources for your particular chamber, optical monitor, monitoring configuration including optical noise, photometric gain error, photometric offset error, wavelength setpoint error, and instrument bandwidth.
- Simulation of unlimited number of spectral characteristics taking errors and impact on subsequent layer cuts into account.
- Investigate yield and performance of your design before doing a coating run.
- Plot cut errors on a layer by layer basis for unlimited number of runs. Investigate process robustness.
- Export errors for analysis in third party software.
FilmReviewer Features Include;
- Review run data from previous coating runs.
- Load single or multiple layers for analysis.
- View optical monitor parameters used for that layer.
- Change parameters and reprocess the data and see the effects. Ideal tool for optimisation of parameters using real run data from your system.